ENGLISH HAS BECOME THE INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE OF BUSINESS.
I have experience in teaching Business English to students in Japan (prestigious companies like Toshiba, IBM, Clestra, etc) and around the world (Yandex, Baidu, etc.)
There are a number of stream options including: Job Interview preparation, resume and job application rewriting, Medical English, and the General Stream. All streams involve role play exercises for doctors and nurses, business idioms and phrasal verbs (see HEALTH INSURANCE.doc and BUSINESS PRESSURE).
1. Coping with Pressure / Proposing Solutions (Upper Intermediate): View on Google Documents & TOEIC Speaking and Writing Sample.
(How do you deal with unexpected problems? How do you get your message across?)
2. Giving a Business Presentation: View on Google Documents
3. Negotiation Skills: View on Google Documents.
4. Pros and Cons of Outsourcing (Advanced).
5. Speaking on the Telephone: View on Google Documents.
6. Time Management: How Productive Are You? // The Eisenhower Matrix.
7. The End of Email: Read article on Google Documents
(The nature of S-Curves).
8. Leadership Skills.
(What sort of leader are you?)
9. Women in Business.
10. The Importance of Marketing: The Importance of Marketing
11. Don't Complain; Don't Explain.
12. Work Problems (Google Documents).
Bottom line .......... Final account of an account or balance statement.
Conglomerate .......... Corporation made up of several different, independent companies.
Do a roaring trade .......... Do good business.
Getting your message across .......... Communicate your ideas.
Lump sum .......... A large sum of money paid in one amount (instead of installments).
Order someone around .......... Tell someone what to do.
Middleman .......... Someone who buys goods from producers and then sells them to retailers.
See an increase .......... Experience an increase.
Silver lining .......... A positive aspect of a bad or unpleasant situation.
Think it over .......... Consider something.
Think outside the box .......... Think creatively and unconventionally.
Upfront payment .......... To pay in advance.
I teach the following kinds of lessons Australian English |
| Conversation Practice | Grammar Mistakes | Kids Classes | Test Preparation | Writing & Editing
Book a trial lesson with me TODAY!
copyright rob sullivan 1996-2021 and beyond!
If this page has enriched your life, send me a donation at the following Dogecoin address: